of Study: Full time
The aims of all qualifications in the BTEC First suite in
Information and Creative Technology are to:
- Inspire and enthuse learners to consider a career in the
Information and Creative Technology sector
- Give learners the opportunity to gain broad knowledge and
understanding of, and develop skills in, the Information and Creative
- Support progression to specialised Level 3 qualifications
in Information and Creative Technology, or to an Apprenticeship
- Give learners the potential opportunity, in due course,
to enter employment in a wide range of job roles.
- Add breadth to learners’ knowledge and understanding of
the Information and Creative Technology sector as part of their career
progression and development plans
- Support learners who have had some achievement in their
Key Stage 4 programme and who wish to ‘top up’ their Level 2 achievement to
progress to employment or other qualifications.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
The BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Certificate in Information
and Creative Technology provides the knowledge, skills and understanding for
Level 2 learners to progress to:
- Other Level 2 vocational qualifications and related
competence-based qualifications for the Information and Creative Technology
- Level 3 vocational qualifications, such as BTEC
Nationals, specifically the Pearson BTEC Level 3 National in Information and
This course is assessed through 75% internal assessment of
coursework and 25% external exam.
The exam board for this course is
Two 2 and three 3 grades at GCSE including English and
Mathematics minimum Grade 2 or equivalent qualifications (a Pass or higher at
BTEC Level 2 is accepted as part of the GCSE Grades).