of Study: Full time
- Inspire and enthuse learners to consider a career in the
Travel and Tourism sector.
- Give learners the opportunity to gain broad knowledge and
understanding of, and develop skills in, the Travel and Tourism sector.
- Support progression to specialised Level 3 qualifications
in Travel and Tourism, or to an Apprenticeship.
- Give learners the potential opportunity, in due course,
to enter employment in a wide range of job roles.
Travel and Tourism Employment Opportunities – This unit
looks at how the travel and tourism sector is one of the largest and fastest
growing in the world. It also covers the broad range of job roles and career
opportunities available within the sector.
Organising a Travel and Tourism Study Visit – This unit
investigates the planning and reviewing processes for a Travel and Tourism study
visit or trip, including risk assessment, roles and responsibilities and
evaluating the success of the trip.
Career Opportunities & Further Study
Level 3 vocational qualifications, such as BTEC Nationals,
specifically the Pearson BTEC Level 3 National in Travel and Tourism.
Employment within the travel and tourism industry, for
example posts in travel agencies, visitor attractions and a tourist information
Students will enjoy this course if they:
- Have an enthusiastic approach to Travel and
- Are determined to succeed on the course
- Enjoy written and spoken communication
- Can plan their own learning and meet
- Enjoy problem solving and the use of information
The BTEC Level 2 First Award is a one-year, practical
course, assessed by coursework graded Pass, Merit, Distinction and Distinction*
which makes up 75% along with an exam worth 25%.
Two 2 and three 3 grades at GCSE including English and
Mathematics minimum Grade 2 or equivalent qualifications (a Pass or higher at
BTEC Level 2 is accepted as part of the GCSE Grades).